Knowing Me...

My photo
If I say I'm just a teenager leading a life as normal as it can get, I sort of defy what I stand for. Its not all that easy but it has its moments. I like those moments when they come along and they bring with them a significant amount of emotion, which I only began expressing in words at age 7. Since then, its all about the writing. It gets to certain people and some just don't get it! But I think that its important for me to write because that is maybe the only talent that exists in me [not denying the presence of good enough speech to win a few here and there =P] There is little I know and there is much I simply yap about but I make sure that if its really got to be said, it better be said, however in the wrong or right. I feel much. There are lot of things I plainly observe and those are sort of the things that I adore writing about. I'm inspired by minute details and small things that have a huge impact much later on. There is much more to me that most know and many have bothered not about. Not like I want them to. But I'd like to be known. And that's what I think I stand for, being known beyond what is known. =D

Friday, April 22, 2011

(Untitled)

I want to be loved because of anything,
but I want to love despite everything.
I want to run, skip, jump and fly
but I want my love forever nigh.

I want to feel the waves of air
Fleeing from above me, from everywhere,
but I want to hold on to every breath,
even as I swim to the deepest of depths.

I want to soar, to break out
but as I do, I want to yell, scream and shout.
I want to be engulfed by silence
Shut out by every full-feeling sense.

I want to keep, to possess, to own
I want no time to bemuse and bemoan.
yet I want to let go, be free
Have nothing to grasp, nothing restraining me.

I want to feel real for as long as I can
yet live in far off fairy-lands
I want to be loved, for anything that may be
So I may want to love the one who loves me...

=D

4 comments:

Lalita Vaidyanathan said...

awesome poem!!! simple and straight forward. looking forward for more such.... :D

Aakriti Anand said...

Thank you ever so much! There will be more such, I promise =)

wats_in_a_name said...

very nicely written...keep writing more :)

Aakriti Anand said...

Hey! thank you so much =)
I will continue to write, in the knowledge that there's someone out there like you waiting to read more =)