Knowing Me...

My photo
If I say I'm just a teenager leading a life as normal as it can get, I sort of defy what I stand for. Its not all that easy but it has its moments. I like those moments when they come along and they bring with them a significant amount of emotion, which I only began expressing in words at age 7. Since then, its all about the writing. It gets to certain people and some just don't get it! But I think that its important for me to write because that is maybe the only talent that exists in me [not denying the presence of good enough speech to win a few here and there =P] There is little I know and there is much I simply yap about but I make sure that if its really got to be said, it better be said, however in the wrong or right. I feel much. There are lot of things I plainly observe and those are sort of the things that I adore writing about. I'm inspired by minute details and small things that have a huge impact much later on. There is much more to me that most know and many have bothered not about. Not like I want them to. But I'd like to be known. And that's what I think I stand for, being known beyond what is known. =D

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Minesweeping


The most fascinating game of life is that of love. And the most fascinating game on a Windows OS is that of Minesweeper. And strangely, they're both related. Not in the rather obvious manner that they are both fascinating and that i may love Minesweeper, but in a much deeper manner of philosophy.

Talking to a senior of mine, Sugandha, brought us to discuss the most popular topic in a girls' college - boys/men. We discussed how we only know boys and that there are no men left for poor single girls to date etc etc. Meandering around this territory we discussed movie characters who make us weak in our knees and make us want to date them. Her contention was that we have no hope of finding such men in our country. I, having had the privilege and the pain of knowing men who come close enough, obviously disagreed. But then, we both concurred that even if we do find men like them, they're always flawed and that ruins everything. They're inherently insensitive or just pathetic and that kills the whole aura. And just when we're sp close to ideal...bam! Gone! Just like that. And it struck me then - isn't that exactly how Minesweeper works?

Well, you try making points by avoiding the bombs and just when you get a huge area and you move to the next measley tile, boom! Dead. Over. Finito. That's how finding the perfect guy works doesn't it? You get close, you think you've struck gold when suddenly it all disappears, leaving you to blame leprechauns, fate, false expectations, And finally, men. Agreed that the arena of Minesweeper can be conquered with practice, but who is to say that one cannot discover that technique with men? Agreed you safeguard your position for life and make sure you've marked off all the mine areas with no apparent victory at hand, but at least you've moved through it unhurt! And who knows, maybe that smiley face on top becomes a permanent feature with an actual prize to get at the end!

So maybe we've not reached there yet. Um, hello captain obvious. But at least we know the way there. Or we can find it if we try. Maybe all games do have a lifetime and lifestyle value add after all.. :)

No comments: