Knowing Me...

My photo
If I say I'm just a teenager leading a life as normal as it can get, I sort of defy what I stand for. Its not all that easy but it has its moments. I like those moments when they come along and they bring with them a significant amount of emotion, which I only began expressing in words at age 7. Since then, its all about the writing. It gets to certain people and some just don't get it! But I think that its important for me to write because that is maybe the only talent that exists in me [not denying the presence of good enough speech to win a few here and there =P] There is little I know and there is much I simply yap about but I make sure that if its really got to be said, it better be said, however in the wrong or right. I feel much. There are lot of things I plainly observe and those are sort of the things that I adore writing about. I'm inspired by minute details and small things that have a huge impact much later on. There is much more to me that most know and many have bothered not about. Not like I want them to. But I'd like to be known. And that's what I think I stand for, being known beyond what is known. =D

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WOO HOO =D

the moment demanded this kind of a title.... as part of an initiative by Prithvi Theatre, a lot of 16 of us young individuals from the ages 12 to 18 got published in the ever so cool Prithvi Youth Magazine!!!!!!!

this "work of art" was released on the auspicious CHILDREN'S DAY in the famous prithvi theatre cafe` by the ever so charming Shri Shashi Kapoor and the person who was at the head of it all, Sanjna Kapoor, along with our mentor Ms. Basu!

after 6 whole months of sweat, drafts and toil, we finally have the finished product in our youhtful hands.....the hands that did the writing and the hands that did the tonnes fo re-writing as well!!!

the team was a bunch of really cool people who are great friends and know how to have 'fun' in all the true sense of the word. frankly speaking, we were a damn good lot to begin with!

each piece was so well thought and well-crafted and well everything else! it was the most enriching experience i have ever had in the last 15 and a half years (as of nov 11th)......

i'm going to miss the meeting from 2-4 every saturday and sunday and the whole lot of friends i worked with:
dwijal mehta
rheaa rao
vikrant dhote
mira brunner
sanyukta iyer
damini kane
disha bhanushali
bhakti rathod
sanjana suresh
sooraj bishnoi
sohaila jalali
rithika kumar
varun golani
kabir mantha
kanchana niruttan

thanks to all of you for making this such a lovely 6 month journey.....it'll always be a memorable time to cherish..

and in true Dwijal style, "woo hoo we got published!!!! =D"

3 comments:

Rheaa said...

yay! woo hoo! we got published! :D
i'll miss u too aakriti :(
but we'll meet up soon ok :)

Streets of Bombay said...

WOO HOO!
GUESS WHO FOUND YOUR BLOG!!
hey!! how have you been? add me on facebook or something if you dont already have me there!!
Dwijal!

Aakriti Anand said...

hey Dwijal!

thanks for finding it! i've already got you on facebook so....hmm!

i've been good so far...busy with prelims and studying so i barely get to do much!