Knowing Me...

My photo
If I say I'm just a teenager leading a life as normal as it can get, I sort of defy what I stand for. Its not all that easy but it has its moments. I like those moments when they come along and they bring with them a significant amount of emotion, which I only began expressing in words at age 7. Since then, its all about the writing. It gets to certain people and some just don't get it! But I think that its important for me to write because that is maybe the only talent that exists in me [not denying the presence of good enough speech to win a few here and there =P] There is little I know and there is much I simply yap about but I make sure that if its really got to be said, it better be said, however in the wrong or right. I feel much. There are lot of things I plainly observe and those are sort of the things that I adore writing about. I'm inspired by minute details and small things that have a huge impact much later on. There is much more to me that most know and many have bothered not about. Not like I want them to. But I'd like to be known. And that's what I think I stand for, being known beyond what is known. =D

Saturday, November 8, 2008

woh kaagaz ki kashti, woh baarish ka paani......

when making the plans for the coming week, one will come across the date 14th November, look at it, jot down the activities for that day and move on. it will be a wonder if one looks at that day and smiles or becomes nostalgic. that day is children's day, for those who refuse to remind themselves of it.

me still being in the category of "children" (reminder:individuals below the age of 18), i remember that Jawaharlal Nehru was born that day and because he loved children, this day celebrates the existence and innocence of children. but many other children think of this day as a mere holiday and let it pass like any other weekend. but need we celebrate the joys of still being a child while it lasts???

the elders may say," why should we bother about children's day?? we're not kids anymore to get excited about such things. besides, we have a billion 'important things' to worry about." but the whole point is just that. we have a billion things rushing through our heads and have forgotten the art of being a kid at heart for just ONE day in our entire year, if not any other time.

we are slowly losing out on what we used to consider as the "good things in life", and when i say 'we' i imply both children and adults. children have forgotten to thank the man who created this day for us and say a little prayer for all the kids out there, and of course have fun! adults have simply moved on from these petty things to the bigger goodies of life, the ones that they think are the essentials today. WRONG.

i truly understand the feelings one goes through when facing such a sermonizing piece of text. but if you don't want to listen to the whole truth from someone else, do yourself a favour and ask yourself this - why do we feel good when we look at kids playing in a park or on the street? why do we go into deep thought when we listen to songs about childhood?? when was the last time we were kids?

the answers are very simple but you have to know them for yourself. we're all letting go of that innocence that made our childhoods so special and memorable. we're giving up what we used to give true importance to at some point in our lives. and for what? the good life? the good life means nothing without that child in you saying, "yes! i finally got what i wanted."

i hope that we all realise (as early as possible) that our childhood is not going to come back. the best-est way to preserve those precious times is to celebrate this one day as much as we want and revisit what we have left behind.

=D

No comments: