Knowing Me...

My photo
If I say I'm just a teenager leading a life as normal as it can get, I sort of defy what I stand for. Its not all that easy but it has its moments. I like those moments when they come along and they bring with them a significant amount of emotion, which I only began expressing in words at age 7. Since then, its all about the writing. It gets to certain people and some just don't get it! But I think that its important for me to write because that is maybe the only talent that exists in me [not denying the presence of good enough speech to win a few here and there =P] There is little I know and there is much I simply yap about but I make sure that if its really got to be said, it better be said, however in the wrong or right. I feel much. There are lot of things I plainly observe and those are sort of the things that I adore writing about. I'm inspired by minute details and small things that have a huge impact much later on. There is much more to me that most know and many have bothered not about. Not like I want them to. But I'd like to be known. And that's what I think I stand for, being known beyond what is known. =D

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Splitsvilla 2

temptation is a hard thing to resist, especially if you have an hour of pure entertainment on one hand and an hour of concentrated studying on the other. simply speaking, i choose to indulge in Splitsvilla 2 every saturday evening.

this saturday, something happened that compelled me to write this. according to their new format, one of the 9 guys has been elected king on day one and one of the girls has been elected queen for the rest of the show and they're supposed to be wooed by the rest and then follows the whole second chance date and then the dumping and you know the drill... so this week, the king had his date with the "danger zone" [i hate that phrase] girls by the pool. he came all dressed to swim but the gals didnt know and they came all decked up in the skimpiest clothes possible. anyway, one of the girls [minakshi] was asked to get into the pool, she refused. the king then thought he'd be a little testy and he asked her to get in within 30 seconds. she didn't refuse. she felt super-conscious and the date was rather slow. the other girls got in without hesitation and didn't let the state of their items of clothing bother them.

during the dumping session, the other guys got super-furious with the king about how he could be so uncouth. supposedly, that girl's dress sort of rode up and the other guys came to know [they were leaning out the terrace to see!] and they ganged up on the king. in the end, they had jeopardized that girl's chances and she was sent home.

after all this, i just asked myself, where was this girl's dignity?? had she stuck her ground and told the king that she didn't want to or couldn't handle it and then gone home, i would have still had respect for her. i will not conform to saying "oh poor girl, look how he behaved with her?" because that king guy only tried to test her personality. she might have passed on account of having tried her best to impress him but she failed miserably in maintaining her own. after all, even if it is a game show, you can't leave your self respect behind you to win right? forget what that guy asked her to do and why he was misbehaving etc etc because that's someone else's job to think over. she traded her want to win the game with her dignity and self-pride. if tomorrow that girl blames that guy's request as her reason to go out, its wrong on her part.

those other guys who rebelled soooo much about the issue were also wrong in doing so because not only did they make one believe that the girl was not strong enough to defend herself in the issue but also got her sent home, ruining all that she did in the whole day and going home with nothing - not her dignity, not 5 lac rupees and definitely not the favour of the king guy. had the girl tried to settle the issue herself with the king guy and not left it to other lunatics to guard her long lost "dignity" she would've found herself in the show for one more week at least. and had those guys [who saw from the terraces] not spread the thing around everywhere, there would have been no issue at all! this being the scenario, i believe it is not fit to equate the game show with war because that would undermine the self respect and dignity that one finds in all men and women of the armed forces and armed services.

ultimately, my point is this - never let any circumstance or any person take away from you the dignity that you will have with you for the rest of your life, no matter what depends on it. it is better to lose with your dignity in hand rather than go home with the prize but still nothing at all.

=D

No comments: