Knowing Me...

My photo
If I say I'm just a teenager leading a life as normal as it can get, I sort of defy what I stand for. Its not all that easy but it has its moments. I like those moments when they come along and they bring with them a significant amount of emotion, which I only began expressing in words at age 7. Since then, its all about the writing. It gets to certain people and some just don't get it! But I think that its important for me to write because that is maybe the only talent that exists in me [not denying the presence of good enough speech to win a few here and there =P] There is little I know and there is much I simply yap about but I make sure that if its really got to be said, it better be said, however in the wrong or right. I feel much. There are lot of things I plainly observe and those are sort of the things that I adore writing about. I'm inspired by minute details and small things that have a huge impact much later on. There is much more to me that most know and many have bothered not about. Not like I want them to. But I'd like to be known. And that's what I think I stand for, being known beyond what is known. =D

Thursday, October 9, 2008

oct 9th, 2008

day 1: thursday, october 9th

i sit here on my table wondering what to write about as my first blog. i've erased around 3 different types of starts and have finally got my foothold. the poem below is not purely a description of me as a person or a voice in my mind, its a description of every single human being, in some way or the other, for we can all identify with one soul. here no social boundaries matter, what matters is the search for a truth behind ourselves....

Me

i cannot who i am,

because i flow in these words of mine


i'm the driving force for my imagination


i'm the consolation in my sorrow.


i'm the hope for every victory of mine


i'm my only assurance for tomorrow.


i'm not the rain, not the sun


i'm not the moonlight in the sky


i'm just a simple but unique girl,


for if i'm not myself, then who am i?


- Aakriti Anand

1 comment:

ateev anand said...

i love love love this one sweetheart
it pulled on some heartstrings...i could connect with it instantly (except replacing the girl part ;p)
ur right it connects with every soul... it beautiful
ur such a yound soul... and im amazed at the deep thoughts and wisdom u have. luv u my dearest jaan.
god bless
PS : the bai was super wowed too... has said he will comment too..