Knowing Me...

My photo
If I say I'm just a teenager leading a life as normal as it can get, I sort of defy what I stand for. Its not all that easy but it has its moments. I like those moments when they come along and they bring with them a significant amount of emotion, which I only began expressing in words at age 7. Since then, its all about the writing. It gets to certain people and some just don't get it! But I think that its important for me to write because that is maybe the only talent that exists in me [not denying the presence of good enough speech to win a few here and there =P] There is little I know and there is much I simply yap about but I make sure that if its really got to be said, it better be said, however in the wrong or right. I feel much. There are lot of things I plainly observe and those are sort of the things that I adore writing about. I'm inspired by minute details and small things that have a huge impact much later on. There is much more to me that most know and many have bothered not about. Not like I want them to. But I'd like to be known. And that's what I think I stand for, being known beyond what is known. =D

Saturday, October 18, 2008

its a dog eat dog world

today for the first time i actually saw what the phrase dog-eat-dog stands for in a corporate circuit. its the worse thing anyone can do to you when they pull you down just for selfish entertainment at your cost or because of insecurity because at certain times when it just gets plain dirty, you have no other option but to retort, which makes you the bad guy in front of practically everyone.

i was doing a presentation based on Nokia in terms of recruitment opportunities and career options. it was actually the first time i had laid eyes on that presentation and i was to do the entire thing so, here goes nothing. my flow (however smooth, suprisingly) was constantly broken by certain colleagues who either wanted to live off my ruin or had questions completely irrelevant to what i was saying. i had to really be ignorant, rude and even loud at times to avoid these constant speedbreakers on my highway to success. but then came the bursting point. i was being asked the same question again and again and it became more pointless after a while because what i was speaking didnt get to anyone and i just became a source of quality entertainment. but there was a voice within me that spoke, in a comforting tone to me and a sarcastic one to the others. another person took over me and i became a very vampish creature who got back at people who asked tactless queries. though i felt pretty thrilled about these retorts as i walked back, amid applause, to my place, while getting home in the rickshaw i felt terrible about it (not apologetic but pathetic) and would have definately done things better if i could.


in the end all i gained from all of this was the fact that everyone is here to pull you down. and if you're fussing about the fact that you have no support system, know that you're the only one who can bring yourself up. after today,i sincerely hope that my career will not lie in such a field where people just need a reason to malign each other.
signing off with the hope to remain sane

=D

No comments: