Knowing Me...

My photo
If I say I'm just a teenager leading a life as normal as it can get, I sort of defy what I stand for. Its not all that easy but it has its moments. I like those moments when they come along and they bring with them a significant amount of emotion, which I only began expressing in words at age 7. Since then, its all about the writing. It gets to certain people and some just don't get it! But I think that its important for me to write because that is maybe the only talent that exists in me [not denying the presence of good enough speech to win a few here and there =P] There is little I know and there is much I simply yap about but I make sure that if its really got to be said, it better be said, however in the wrong or right. I feel much. There are lot of things I plainly observe and those are sort of the things that I adore writing about. I'm inspired by minute details and small things that have a huge impact much later on. There is much more to me that most know and many have bothered not about. Not like I want them to. But I'd like to be known. And that's what I think I stand for, being known beyond what is known. =D

Saturday, January 24, 2009

on the side....

afternoon. my family enters the restaurant with me in tow. we sit. we are waited on. we get menu cards. we see the bill of fares. we begin to order...
"one chicken tikka masala"
"one dal tadka"
"one makhni sabzi"
"3 rotis one butter naan".

the food arrives. i survey the dishes. since i am a vegetarian [converted] i have only the other two dishes to feast on. the dal is served and now its the turn of the sabzi. i allow it to enter the premises of my brass plate. it has beans, carrots, peas, capsicum,sauce and paneer.

lets get one thing straight: i do not eat paneer. i do not relish it.

"now what?? its got paneer"
"eat the rest, put the paneer on the side......."








cut to: everyday life

this one incident occurs quite a few times in my life and similar things happen to everyone. we refuse certain things put in our plates but the best solution is to eat the best, leave the rest. on the side.

this one lesson which has its origin in food i shun has become quite a huge part of me now. what ever comes in one's path is really not one's doing. it just presents itself and expects to be dealt with. there would necessarily be some elements that one cannot utilize or cope with. the best solution, instead of any other [which might lead to disastrous consequences], is to put it out of one's path.

if we begin to live with this policy of just side-tracking the obstacles that we think are problem-causing, we can save ourselves a lot of trouble, thought and energy - trust me! it is just a matter of prioritization maybe but its the only way that we can really really win with the cards we've been dealt. there's no point in packing off just because one of the five that we have is bad! that way everything would be pathetic and left off purely because it has something that is not to our liking. we'd never be happy. we'd never have anything in life to begin with......

so lets all just not crib, and indulge in the wonderful dishes on life's menu....

=D

No comments: